Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blogging from the iPad

I take my pad everywhere - it's much lighter than my MacBook Pro, but it has it's downsides. I need to carry the Bluetooth keyboard (not a big issue), and when I want to use the keyboard I have to open the battery compartment and reverse the end battery. I do that to keep the keyboard from constantly waking up the iPad and killing my battery. What the damn thing needs is a real ON/OFF switch, instead of the just the ON switch - bad ergonomics.

Trying to edit blogger on an iPad using Safari is pointless - the right edge is cut off so you can't see the last two characters and there's no way to fix it. It almost never brings up the text if you decide to edit an entry - which means you can't edit entries. Basically like much of the free Apple software - it sits somewhere between sort of ok, and annoying.

Trying to use Apollo (Chrome's iPad browser) is just as bad in different ways - more often than not it just crashes.

So now I'm trying BlogPress - which if this posts ok will be a HUGE improvement over every other option I've tried.


- Posted from the pad

No comments:

Post a Comment