Thursday, February 14, 2013

It makes me cry

I just finished watching Saving Private Ryan again.  Last week I watched Band of Brothers for the third time.   I can't watch either of those movies with out tears.  These are easily two of my favorite movies.  I'm reading the book  Band of Brothers: E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne from Normandy to Hitler's Eagle's Nest now, I don't suspect I'll make it though that with out tears either.   They sacrificed so that we could continue to live in freedom and look what we've done with it.   Well, when I say we I really mean the liberals and those to apathetic to stand up to them; and more recently the Republican party.

I have no way of knowing what those who have made the ultimate sacrifice would think of our politicians, as they  rush to destroy every remaining vestige of individual freedom and treat the constitution as nothing more than a relic to be ignored or at worst, worked around.   I hesitate to think what they would think of Americans who seek take from others and give nothing back, but I can't imagine they would be kind thoughts.   This too makes me cry, when I'm too tired of arguing with people who are incapable of processing logic, and writing letters to politicians that regard their oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States as nothing more than some stupid speech they have to give before they can start exercising power; forgotten before they even lower their hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment