Monday, July 29, 2013

Some times Ignorance is Bliss

I generally go out of my way to avoid learning the politics of actors - first off, just because they're actors doesn't make them smart, or logical, or knowledgeable.  It just means their opinions get more press.

So generally when I find an actor has a particularly disagreeable viewpoint (to me) I stop watching anything they're in.   I'm OK with them saying nice things about some liberal candidate - they're entitled to like any idiot they want - for example I, by accident caught a comment by Bill Macy, praising Obama.  I'll still watch Bill's movies.  Michale Douglas on the other hand - no.   Sadly I own at least one DVD of his - acquired before I found out he wants to take away my rights.

I tend to pay a bit more attention to companies that I deal with in this regard - I'm not perfect by any means but I do put some effort into it.  Which is why I was so unhappy to read this article about Costco. I'm particularly annoyed by companies that use eminent domain to steal property from it's owners.   This is also a problem with some NG companies that run pipelines, many times they just though the room of lawyers at the recalcitrant land owner and force them to either sell at the price the pipeline is willing to pay or spend the next year in court (and they'll still lose).  I understand it, I just don't like it. 

I'm not crazy about Costco - it's a bit of a pain in the butt, always too busy, but Damn.  We'll I'm going to have to do some business with them (really the only source for supplies on a current project), but once that's done - I guess we'll go our separate ways. 

Sometimes it SUCKS having principles.   

No comments:

Post a Comment