Sunday, July 8, 2012

Warmer or Colder

We've had almost as much sun in July here as we've had in the previous 3 months, it still did't get above 72 where I live, which is just fine by me.

So here's my take on global warming.  

I Don't Know

Given our inability to predict the weather for a week, I'm not too inclined to accept predictions of years.    Would it hurt for each individual to do what they can to reduce CO2 - probably not a lot, would it help? Again, I Don't Know.  So if the global warmers are even a little tiny bit right, and it doesn't cost me much of anything to do my little part - then it's probably worth the effort/cost.   If they're wrong, then as long as it didn't cost me or hurt much, I'm not going to sweat it.   So I do what I can with out going nuts about it.   If they're right - I did my part, if they're wrong I can live with it.  

Do I think the MSM is milking it for every thing they can get?  Yep.  Do I think the politicians are milking it too?  Sure.  Do I think a lot of it is bullshit?  Yep.  Do I think we might be creating a problem anyway? Yep.

I've looked over some of Borepatch's data and I suspect his take on the data analysis is correct - it's a bit out of my area of expertise so I can't really be sure.     I do know we do a lot of things I think are Stupid - even if they're not particularly harmful.   I don't think we need to drop to a world population of a billion to be self sustaining - I think it's much worse than that.   I don't think there's anything we can do on this planet to be self sustaining in the long run.

Solution: Get off the Planet - sooner would be better.    Solves all sorts of problems, and we've proved it can be done without the government. Well sort of proved it - but since NASA was built by the lowest bid private industry, imagine what companies who actually have motivations besides government contracts could accomplish. 

You know the only government funded project that I can think of that really helped the economy was the Space program - which returned something like 14:1  I suppose the MIC might be in the same league but I don't think the trickle down in technology is nearly as good, something about civilians getting military hardware makes the government nervous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment