Thursday, August 29, 2013

New Species Classifiction

My Latin sucks, and I'm not a biologist, but I'll give it my best shot.

The Latin for productive is fucundia.  The Latin root of parasite is parasitus, which seems pretty useful.

So I propose we create two new classifications.

Homo Fucundia - productive man
Homo Parsitus  - parasitic man - or Mooch Man. 

I propose this because I think there is clear evidence of an evolutionary trends (albeit - a dead end)  that man as evolved away from wisdom toward to evolutionary experiments, Productivity and Parasitical.

No I can't actually site any of that evidence,  I think we've clearly seen that evidence or lack thereof is irrelevant - just look at global warming.

Hmm maybe I can site some of it - if one looks at the percentage of the U.S. population that receives government support and or works for said government.  Those numbers have clearly been on the climb for decades.  (despite the recent drop starting in 2008, which I attribute to a couple of things, non of them are Obama)

From Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis


Note, these are growth rates, not quantities. 



 

1 comment:

  1. This brings two literary thoughts to mind:

    First Kipling's "Gods of the Copybook Headings"

    Secondly the beginning of Dune, where the Reverend Mother tested Paul to see if he were human or an animal.

    ReplyDelete