Monday, May 14, 2012

I Liked it, but I'm not sure why.

I watched The Way (warning - links to the marketing site for the movie), staring Martin Sheen and directed by his son Emilio.   I really enjoyed it but I can't for the life of me figure out why.   I'm not a fan of Martin Sheen,  (or Charlie, or Emilio) - I don't dislike them particularly, but I don't go looking for movies they're in.   


I strongly dislike organized religion, for too many reasons to even get started.  To me, spirituality is a private thing.    That's not to say I don't appreciate a few of the things that have come out of organized religion - Architecture and music mostly.


I'm not fond of movies that beat you over the moral of the story.


The story is simple, the characters complex and perhaps that's why.   It's the story of a father, who travels to france to collect the remains of his son.   In the process he attempts to complete the last task his son had started - to walk the Camino 


Take it for what it's worth. 



No comments:

Post a Comment