Thursday, January 31, 2013

Another Nanny State

We've got the Nanny disease in this country in a big way, but apparently we're not alone.   Somehow I would have thought a country that has as many challenges as Iceland wouldn't bother with really stupid stuff but I was wrong. 

Well I suppose given that Rep. Mitch Greenlick, of Oregon is trying to make cigarettes a Schedule III controlled substance, I suppose we're holding our own.  OK I'll be fair,  restricting children names is just being controlling for no reason.  Cigarettes still kill more people with second hand smoke than cars and guns combined, (although mybe not as many as doctors - I should really look that up).  So I suppose you could make an argument for this, but DON'T.

Can you imagine driving into Oregon and then being thown into prison for having cigarettes in your car?   If this bill goes though, it could happen.   And people wonder why there's an entire TV program decicated to making fun of Portland.

And no I don't smoke, never have and never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment